Monday, October 17, 2016

Letter #62 from Australia

September 25, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

          This past week was an all right week with not too much to report on yet again! Sorry about that. Ha We were doing a lot of the same work and weren't finding too much success with it, but all is goods and we are staying happy and upbeat! We know that the Lord is preparing lots of people for us to teach and help out, but we need to do our part and find them! As in any situation, it just takes some faith and prayer and eventually, we will find the success that we hope to find! 

          This week we did find two new investigators who are actually quite keen on learning about the church. We of course found them through members! Which is the most effective and successful way of finding people to teach! All of the baptisms that I have had in this area have all been member referrals! It is so true that members are the KEY to successful missionary work! Their names are Freda and Andrew. Freda is the cousin of a family in our ward and Andrew is her husband! They have come to church the past two weeks and we talked with them yesterday at church and they told us that they are really interested in learning more about the church! It was a huge miracle and we feel so blessed to begin teaching them! 

          We find out transfer news this weekend, so next time I email, I will have some news as to where I will be serving for the next transfer (6 weeks). I have been here in the Greenvale area for 4 transfers already (almost 6 months), which isn't common at all, but for some reason, I have a feeling that I am going to stay! But you never know for sure and so I will let you all know next week! Have a great week and keep up the great work that you are all doing! Stay happy and safe and continue to trust God! I miss and love you all!

Oh and before I go, HUGE shout out to my best friend in the whole world Sister Brittney Henstra who just got called to serve in the North Carolina Charlotte Mission! I am so happy and proud of you Britt! You are going to be a great missionary!

Love you all so much!

Sincerely,


Elder Wheeler

I love the spring weather and I love to see our chapel!
Went to the temple this past week and it was great! This is a
really cool pic that I took with the rain clouds in the background!




No comments:

Post a Comment