Monday, October 17, 2016

Letter #53 from Australia


July 24, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

          Not a lot to report on this week! The work is amazing and our investigators are doing really well! We had a fun week full of funny and weird people talking to us on the street! One guy got really mad at us cause we told him that we were Christian and he said that we weren't! Apparently, by his definition, a Christian is someone who studies about all religions and goes out and shares what he learnt with other people! haha I thought that was what a missionary was?...haha We also visited a less active guy who straight up asked us for a million dollars! And he was serious about it too! Then when we told him we couldn't give him a million dollars, he got mad at us! I then tried to explain to him that we couldn't give him money, but that we could give him something far greater and something that would bless his life more than any amount of money in the world could...a.k.a. the Gospel. But then he told me that I was just using my imagination and that nothing could ever bless his life more than what money could. He said that it was understandable with my age, that I would be using my imagination! haha...I guess I still am young at heart and in age;) ha

          The Wharemate family is doing really well and the whole family, except for Sister Wharemate, is coming to church each week! They are really progressing and the baptism is definitely going to happen! We are just helping them all to be more prepared and reviewing the lessons with the kids! Liam is doing really well too and we had a great lesson with him this past week! He really wants to be baptized and is praying, reading the scriptures and coming to church each week! The only main concern with him is he feels he needs to know everything before his baptism, but we are helping him with that!

          I just want to quickly say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DAD! I am so grateful to have him in my life and I love him so much! Thank you for everything Dad and for being a huge example to me and helping me to get and be who I am today! 

          I hope that you all have a great week! Thank you so much for all of the prayers of support for me and for the work that I am so happy to be engaged in! You all are helping to bring to pass many miracles! I love you all!


Elder Wheeler

Elder Swenson and I go running every morning...even when it
is pouring rain outside! hah
Australian sunsets at their finest!

No comments:

Post a Comment