Monday, October 17, 2016

Letter #56 from Australia

August 14, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

          I don't have that much time, but I want to let you all know about the best week ever!! This week was so amazing! It seemed like everyday, God was able to use Elder Swenson and me as His hands, even more than usual. We witnessed and were able to be apart of countless miracles, some big and some small. But all nonetheless were so powerful and amazing! On Tuesday after District Meeting, we went to the train station to drop off the some Elders that they could catch a train back up to their area. Well after they left, we decided to start street contacting and began talking to people. Then out of nowhere, this girl walks up to Elder Swenson and asks him what he is doing here and what his job is. After starting a conversation with her about the gospel, she explains that she has wanted to find a church to go to and that she really wants to feel God's love for her in her life again! We set up a time to visit her the next day and we did meet with her and she is really interested in the church. We had a great lesson with her and taught her about God's plan for all of His children. She really was moved by it and was very emotional through the whole lesson. It was powerful!!! She came to church yesterday and loved it. She met a lot of the YSA in our ward and really gets along with them! 

         It was such a great week and that is just one of the many miracles that we were able to be apart of. Overall, we were blessed to find 4 new investigators and they are all very interested in learning more! And that never happens in this area! We definitely know that Heavenly Father was helping us to bless the lives of His children! 

          I haven't had this many miracles happen in one week before and they didn't stop there! Yesterday, Sunday, after sacrament meeting, we were walking to our class and we saw Sister Wharemate!!! She came to church for the first time since I have been in the area! It was so good to see her and she had a big smile on her face! We didn't do anything to help get her there, so we knew that she was helped by her family and by Heavenly Father! It was so amazing!

          I love serving a mission and being able to help people and bless their lives with the amazing message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! I love this church and I love this gospel! I am so grateful for all of you in my life and for the help and support that you continue to give me! I have received a lot of emails from all of you telling me that you have been praying for me and for the people that I have been working with and I am so humbled by that! I want you all to know that even though you aren't physically here helping us missionaries with the work, you are helping nonetheless! 
I hope that you all have a great week! Stay safe and be happy! I love you all!

Love,


Elder Wheeler 

This week we were able to have some young men from another stake come 
with us on a mini mission! From the left to the right, Elder Swenson, 
Brother Stringer, me and Brother Fell. It was a great weekend with them 
and we enjoyed it a lot!​
Some members dropped off some bread for us...haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment