Monday, October 17, 2016

Letter #48 from Australia

June 19, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

          Not too much to report on this week, so this update might not be that long! Mia and Shane Wharemate were supposed to be baptized this coming weekend, the 25th, but it has now changed again! But this time, we are very happy the change! So the youngest child in the family is Toto, and she is 7. Well on the 26th of August, a Friday, she will turn 8. So the family has decided to have a triple baptism on the 27th, Saturday. Well the even better news is that Brother Wharemate has decided to begin to turn his life around so that he can be clean and worthy to baptize all three of them on that Saturday! We were sad to hear that they pushed it back yet again. But when they told us why, we couldn't help but smile and feel peace because of the faith of this family. This baptism is truly bringing them back together and bringing them back into the church! 

          That was about it for an update on the work. On Thursday, we had our final Zone Conference with President and Sister Maxwell. It went really well and the trainings that were given were spot on with what our zone and the mission needs right now! It was sad to think that this would be the last time we saw President and Sister Maxwell before they go home and the last time that we heard them bear their testimony as our Mission President. It was a great conference and it ended with them bearing pure and true testimony of this work and of Jesus Christ. I loved the Spirit that was there in the meeting. It was a moment that I will never forget! I love this Gospel!

          Today is Father's Day in America, Australia celebrates it in November, I think, so I just thought I would give a shout out to the Worlds Best Dad! I love my Dad so much! He is the biggest and best example to me in my life! His testimony of the Gospel and Jesus Christ has helped my desire to know of the truth grow even more! And I am happy to say that I too, just like him, know of the truthfulness of this Gospel and Jesus Christ! His consistent encouragement, love and support has helped me to conqueror all of my fears and helped me to press forward, even during times in my life where I felt I couldn't. He has loved me enough to correct me and continue to correct me when I need it, and most of the time, I need it! I love him with all of my heart and I am glad to call him my father! 

          I hope that you all enjoy Father's Day and spend it with your amazing fathers too! But don't forget, that we all also have another Father in our life, which we should always remember, Our Heavenly Father. It is because of Him that we are here and it is because of our Earthly father's example that we are the person that we are today! I love you all and hope that you have a great week! I love you all!

Sincerely,


Elder Wheeler
A picture of all the Zones in the mission! See if you can find Craigieburn!

My Zone at our last Zone Conference with President and Sister Maxwell! 
Me with President and Sister Maxwell!

No comments:

Post a Comment