Monday, October 17, 2016

Letter #57 from Australia

August 21, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

          What a crazy week it has been for Elder Swenson and myself. We spent a lot of the time this week outside of our area trying to take care of some minor problems. The first major stop was to an emergency room at the local hospital, the next was to countless number of doctor’s appointments and then finally, working with the Wharemate family to get them prepared for their baptism on Saturday! Hah, I will explain more lately, but do not worry, all is fine and both Elder Swenson and I will survive! We also received transfer news yesterday and Elder Swenson and I are both staying together in the area! We were so happy because we figured that I would be transferred, since I have been here in Greenvale for 4 months already! But nope, we are both staying! I am so happy because I truly love this area and especially the people that we are working with and the members in this ward! 

          Okay, now I will give just a little more detail as to what all of the hospital and doctor visits were for. Well last Monday; our zone had a zone p-day at the local indoor trampoline park. (You can probably already tell where I am going with this) Well Elder Swenson was trying to do a trick into the inflatable bag they have and landed on his hand weird. Then I "tried" to do a back flip and landed it successfully, but then continued to rotate backwards and landed on my neck weird. Well to shorten the story up a little bit, Elder Swenson broke his hand and he will need surgery next week and I sprained my neck and am visiting the local physical therapist, who is a member of our ward! We are both fine and are surviving! hah I finally know why my siblings and I weren't able to have a trampoline when we were growing up! They're dangerous! haha 

          The work is going great here in Greenvale and the Wharemate family is doing so well! Brother Wharemate received the Melchizedek Priesthood yesterday at Stake Conference and has never been happier! Maya, Shane and Toiro are all ready for their baptism on Saturday and we are now just making the final preparations. It will be a great day for the family and one that they will never forget! They are really working hard as a family now to get to the temple and to be sealed! It has been so great to see the progress that the family has made since I first came into the area! 

          I love this church so much. I have never been more physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually exhausted in my entire life, but with that being said, I have also never been more happy and close to my Savior and Father in Heaven in my entire life! I love being a missionary and being able to be apart of the work of salvation! Being able to help people come to the knowledge and blessing of the restored gospel is indescribable. I know that this church is true with every fiber in my soul and I know that our Heavenly Father lives and loves us all! Jesus is the Christ and is The Savior and Redeemer of the world! I love you all and thank you so much for all of the support and help that you continue to give me! Be safe, say your prayers and trust God! 

Love,


Elder Bryce Wheeler

The Trampoline park we went too! Lots and lots of fun!
​The Craigieburn Zone!​
Zone Conference this week with President and Sister Vidmar! 
Elder Swenson's x-ray of his broken hand! It is the middle
metacarpal in his right hand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment