Monday, October 17, 2016

Letter #51 from Australia

July 10, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

          I don't have too much time to email this week! We are currently up in Wangaratta emailing and having lunch with the members up here! But to let you all know, I am getting a new companion! Elder Kelsch finishes his mission on Tuesday and will be flying home Wednesday! My new companion will be Elder Swensen! I am staying in Greenvale and I am so excited! The work is going really well in our area and all of our investigators are doing well! We had a lot of great lessons this week with the Wharemate family, Liam and others! They are doing so well and are excited for their baptisms in the next coming weeks and month!

          On Friday we had a ward activity and it was a lot of fun! It was a cultural night and the seminary students in our ward hosted it! They cooked all traditional Samoan food and did a lot of traditional island dances and hakas! Elder Kelsch and I got permission to wear traditional Ie faitagas. They are a male islander skirt that they wear to church and other fancy parties! I will include a lot of pictures from this week because I don't have a lot of time to email! 

I love you all and hope that you have a great week! 


Elder Wheeler
Ward Party! It was a lot of fun and really cool to see the
traditional Samoan lifestyle!
Went to the Queen Victoria Markets in Melbourne with Elder Kelsch!
It was really cool and super big!

Me and Elder Kelsch in our Ia faitagas! We look pretty good and
we really gained the ward's trust! That was the reason why we
wanted to wear them!
Me with President and Sister Vidmar at the Meet the President Devotional! ​
President Vidmar and me with our Koala bear clips that my bishop
gave to me and him!

No comments:

Post a Comment