Monday, October 17, 2016

Letter #59 from Australia

September 4, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

          This week was a little slow and hard when it came to the work. It seemed like everyday this week, we had a small little trial that we had to overcome. At the first of the week it was appointments with investigators being cancelled and then at the end of this week, it was a couple of our investigators dropping us. It has been a hard week but we are doing well! As I have continued to pray and study about the work, I realize that this is just another growing period for me. The Christ like attribute that I have been studying lately is "patience". So far it has been going great and I have already been learning so much. This morning, I read three talks on patience and how we need to develop it in order to have other Christ like attributes. Here is a little bit of what I learnt.

          In one of the talks it mentioned how Moroni said, that if we don't have charity, we are nothing. Well then it went on to say, that in order to have charity, we need to first have patience. I then began to think that maybe the Lord is once again teaching me something. I just continue to pray that I will have patience as we try to continue with the work, especially on the days were we do not see the immediate success of our labors. I do not understand everything in this work, and I do not know what the Lord is trying to teach me, but I, like Brigham Young said, just pray for patience until I do understand. 

          The Wharemate family is doing so well and they are coming to church each week as a family! It is always so great to see them walk into the chapel together every Sunday! They are beginning to work towards the temple so that they can be sealed as a family! We are trying our best to find more people to teach and didn't find that many people. But it will be a lot better this week because we fasted and prayed yesterday for new investigators and I know that fasting and praying works!! If I could just ask one thing from all of you, please remember all of the missionaries world wide in your prayers and even more, remember the investigators that we are all working with! The power of prayer is true and I know that you all pray for the missionaries. Thank you so much for all of the support and prayers! It is because of them that we are able to find people!
Have a great week and be safe! Trust God, be patience and all will work together for your good!

Love,


Elder Wheeler
Went up to a town called Seymour this week for exchanges
with some missionaries and we found this street! What a cool name...if only I could have a name like that...wait a second...;)
Exchanges with the one and only Elder Cook!
Made some burgers for tea!

The crazy Craigieburn Zone! Being able to serve around all of these great missionaries is such an amazing part of the mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment