Monday, October 17, 2016

Letter #47 from Australia


June 13, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

          A lot has happened this week and I have a lot to tell you all! I hope that I have enough time to fit it all in though! Okay, so an update of the work here in Greenvale. The work is going really well and we were able to meet with a lot of our investigators this week! We are still working with Mia and Shane and they are really progressing towards baptism at the end of this month! We were able to meet up with Liam again and he is doing really well! We invited him to be baptised, but he said no. The only reason though, was because he wants to learn more and be sure he is really committed before he is baptised! He just wants to know that it is all true! He is so prepared it isn't even funny! The Lord is preparing so many investigators for us here in Greenvale and we are being so blessed!

          We were able to have a Pacific Area Missionary Meeting yesterday, our Monday, which was so amazing! We were visited by Sister Carol F. McConkie, Sister Linda S. Reeves and Elder S. Gifford Nelson! It was really good and they shared a lot of great things to help us missionaries keep moving and pressing forward! They all talked about their experiences serving a mission or serving as Mission Presidents! It was a really spiritual meeting and was really helpful and uplifting! It was the last time that all of the missionaries would be gathered together before President and Sister Maxwell go home! They leave on July 1st and so they also spoke and bore their powerful testimonies! I will really miss them when they leave, but I am excited to learn from and serve President and Sister Vidmar! 

          My thoughts during the meeting were on how much time I have left! Not in the, I am ready to go home, counting down the days, way. But in the, I can't believe I only have 12 months left! I have really been realised lately that time flies by really fast, especially as a missionary! And that I need to continue to do all that I can with the time that I have left! I love my mission and I love being able to serve the people of Melbourne everyday! I love being so close to my Heavenly Father and to my Saviour Jesus Christ! I love waking up every morning and putting on my name tag! It reminds me of three things every time I look at it! 1-It reminds me that I bear the name of my family, Wheeler, and that I need to always make sure that I am representing my family in a good and honourable way! 2- It reminds me that I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and that I belong to a big family! That I have 15 and a half million family members praying for the work that I am apart of! 3-But finally, it reminds me that I bear the name of my Saviour Jesus Christ! That I am a representative of Him and that he is always with me as I do my Father's will!

          I love you all and hope that you are enjoying summer! Congratulations to all of those receiving their mission calls, getting married, or making other big steps and changes in their life! Always remember that Jesus Christ's grace is sufficient to all men and that no matter what you have done, He will always forgive you! It is because of the atonement that I am able to be out here serving a mission and to be able to continue serving my mission everyday! I love and miss you all! 


-Elder Bryce Wheeler

Look what Elder Kelsch and I found in our local grocery store!
Haha $5 dollars was totally worth it;)

​Some members of my MTC District! Elder Chapel, me, Elder Bennion,
Elder Wiser and Sister Johnson! All of us at Mission Leadership Council!
All of us Elders are Zone Leaders and Sister Johnson is a
Sister Training Leader! So great to be able to see them all again!
We have all grown up a lot!​


No comments:

Post a Comment