Thursday, December 29, 2016

Letter #75 from Australia

December 27, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

          Manuia le Kerisimasi!!! Merry Christmas!!! I hope that all of you had a great Christmas and enjoyed all of the time that you spent with family and loved ones! What a great and blessed time of the year that we have to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ! I am so happy and grateful for Him and for all that He has and continues to do for me and for all of us! Christmas time on the mission is hard to explain but it is just a different feeling then other Christmas's. We are away from family, friends, and loved ones, but yet at the same time, you feel so close to them! It is weird and has given me a completely different view on Christmas and how we should really celebrate it! I loved Christmas this year and it was sad, but also a tiny bit exciting, to think that this was my last one on my mission! The time really does go by fast! 

           My Christmas this year consisted of lots and lots of food and visiting a lot of members! On Christmas morning, we woke up early to head over to our Bishops house to have Christmas breakfast with him and his family! Then we went to church, which I really enjoyed! It was a great reminder on why exactly we celebrate Christmas! Then after church we started the mayhem of eating! We first went to the Frost's house for lunch and to Skype our families! It was so great to see and talk with my family! I miss them so much and it definitely was the greatest Christmas present! After a 2 hour lunch, we headed to another lunch appointment with the David family. Then it was off to the Taupa'u family’s house and then to the Fiu's home for two dinner appointments! We then finished the day by having dessert with the Fa'amausili and Chushing families! So overall, we had a total of 5 feeds on Christmas day! It was very painful, but we were able to make it through! I am just glad that I skyped my family before all of the eating began, cause I didn't want them to see me after I gained 10 pounds! ha 

          The work is going really well in our area and we are still finding a lot of people to teach! The Lord continues to bless us everyday with wonderful opportunities to serve and help His lost children! I hope that this time of the year with all of the wonderful holidays, that you will take the time to reflect and think back on the year of 2016! It was a very eventful year for me and it was great to be able to spend an entire year in the service of others and of course, my Father in Heaven and Savior, Jesus Christ! I hope that you all will make some great new years resolutions! I made one last year to not drink soda or any fizzy drink for the whole year of 2016, and I am happy to say that I have been able to make it this far without drinking any! ha 

          I love you all and wish you all of the best for the rest of 2016 and to have an even better 2017! Merry Christmas again and have a happy and wonderful New Year! 

Love,


Elder Wheeler


Me with Elder and Sister Grey, they are the new senior office couple and
they are great friends with my grandparents and my family! So cool! 
Christmas Eve dinner at the Fiu's!!!
Christmas Eve is the time to open up packages from home! ha
Thanks to my awesome family for the great Christmas gifts!

Christmas morning brekky with Bishop and his family!!
LOOK WHO IT IS!? What!!! haha Love this family of crazies! ha
Christmas day meal #2 out of 5...ha
All of the Christmas gifts that we received from the ward! haha it is so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment