Thursday, December 29, 2016

Letter #74 from Australia

December 18, 2016


Dear Family & Friends,

          Another week has gone by even faster than last week! It continues to amaze me how true it is that time flies when you are having fun! Ha I am doing great and all is well here in the wonderful Greenvale area! We were able to see a lot of miracles this past week and although we weren't able to see too many of our investigators, the Lord continues to bless both them and us! 

          So the beginning of the week started off all right because Elder Lawler got really sick for all of Tuesday and Wednesday! Those days were really slow because there wasn't too much we could do while stuck in the flat all day! But Elder Levaci and I tried our best to stay busy and we were able to set up a couple of appointments with some investigators! I love this area so much because the members here are so willing to help us whenever we need it! Like when Elder Lawler was sick, he needed to drink some Powerade, but we didn't have any. But all it took was a text message to some members and they were at our door a half hour later with not only the Powerade, but also some food for us! I love the members here in this ward! 

          On Friday morning, all of us took a drive out to Wangaratta, my first area on my mission, for a funeral of one of the members and then for a baptism on Saturday morning! It was so great to be able to visit the old stomping ground and it was really cool to be there with Elder Lawler too because he too served in Wangaratta for 6 months. After the funeral on Friday, we spent the rest of the day visiting some members and recent converts that live in Wangaratta. It was so great to see them all again, especially Karyn and Steve Wright! They are both doing great and we were able to teach them a lesson and it felt just like old times! For those of you who don't know who Karyn and Steve are, they are practically my parents on my mission and I was also privileged to help teach and baptize Steve while in the area. 

           The baptism on Saturday morning was for Laurence Neal. He is also an investigator that I taught for a long time while in Wangaratta. He has been investigating the church for over 50 years and he finally decided to get baptized! It was so great to witness that special moment for him and to be able to be apart of his conversion story! We had quite a lot of missionaries attend the baptism, those who taught him and also those who wanted to come and support him! It was a great highlight of the week!

          I can't wait for Christmas day to come and for the opportunity that we will have to remember the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I am so beyond grateful for Him and for His Father in Heaven who sent Him to us. I love this time of the year and all that we have to celebrate! Huge shout out to my older sister, Shaelyn, and her husband, Colten, for celebrating their 1-year anniversary today! Happy Anniversary! I love you both! I hope you all have a great week leading up to Christmas! Be safe and know that because He was born, we can be saved. I love you all!


Elder Wheeler

Me with Karyn and Steve Wright!
Laurence Neal, Elder Lawler and me. 
All of the missionaries there to support him on his big day! ha

No comments:

Post a Comment