Thursday, December 29, 2016

Letter #68 from Australia

November 6, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

          This week has flown by and it is crazy to think that we are already in November!!! It seems just like yesterday, it was January? Where has the time gone? Well, Elder Halsey had his last week on his mission, this past week, and heads home this Wednesday. It is sad to seem him go, but he has finished his mission and is excited to see his family again. This week we had our monthly Mission Leadership Council meeting as well as Zone Conference. They were both great meetings and I really enjoyed them. Of course seeing all of my missionary friends is a plus to it too! The work in the area is going great and we found a new investigator this week named Michael.

          Michael was a referral from the Samoan-speaking Sister in our zone. They found him and they passed him on to us cause he lives in our area. He is 21 years old and is half Samoan and half Cook Islander. We met him and had a short lesson with him on Thursday, which went really well. Then we visited him again on Saturday and taught him about the Restoration. It made a lot of sense to him and at the end of the lesson; we invited him to be baptized on the 3rd of December. He agreed and is really excited to be baptized. We will continue to work with him and help him to find out for himself that this is the true church. Things are looking great for Michael. 

          We also have been working with a Less-Active family named the Fuentes Family. I think that I have mentioned them before. Well they have been taking the temple preparation classes and have been coming to church the past few weeks. They are doing really well and are making huge strides towards the temple so they can be sealed as a family. Thinks are looking great for them and their family. 

           The work is going really well in the area and I am so happy to be able to be apart of it. Transfers are on the 15th of this month, but we already know who is staying and who is leaving. When Elder Halsey leaves on this Wednesday, I will continue to serve with Elder Wilson, but Elder Lawler will join us. He will be the new zone leader with me in the area. He is from Queensland Australia and is an outstanding missionary. I know him really well and can't wait to begin serving with him. Well at transfer time, Elder Wilson will be leaving the area and will be heading to a new area with his new companion. President wasn't planning on having him stay with us for more than one transfer. It will be sad to see them go, but I am happy to be staying in the area for another 6 weeks! It means that I will be in this area for my Birthday and Christmas! I can't wait! I love this area and I am more than happy and keen to stay in it for 9 months! Haha. All is well and the work continues to move forward! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Wheeler

P.S. Huge Shout Out to my older sister Shae and my brother-in-law Colten who both celebrated their 23rd Birthday this past week! I love you both so much and am so grateful for the amazing examples that you are to me! 


P.S.S. Another Huge Shout Out to my cousin Morgen who returned home this past week from her mission! Congrats on serving well and returning with honor!!! Love you! 

Found some graffiti in our area! Pretty great quote on the wall though! haha
Hah...my companions...
Love the view from our area!
The Weber High Boys are back together again!
This is what our Halloween consisted of...The sisters in our zone called us at
9 pm saying they needed help at their flat. We drove over there to find it was
all a trap for them to scare us. Yay Halloween...
The boys at a Family Home Evening! Loving FHE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment