Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Letter #89 from Australia

April 2, 2017

Dear Family & Friends,

I don't have a lot of time left before we have to head off and keep the work continuing, so this might be a little shorter than most of my emails to you all. But I will send lots of pictures and will try my best to include a lot of short cool information for you all! So this week went by really fast and we found a lot of success in the work! On Tuesday, while we were street contacting, Elder Wiser talked with and eventually taught a Chinese gentleman by the name of Charles. Well Charles is going through a divorce right now and came down from Darwin, a city in Northern Territory (so not in our mission boundaries, but at the top of Australia!) to get some things taken care of for his divorce. Well he has been really struggling and loved what Elder Wiser talked with him about, so he asked to meet up with us the next day! Well long story short, we taught him Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and then twice on Friday! He is so keen and loves the gospel and all that we have taught him! Sadly, he is heading back to Darwin tomorrow, but will be meeting with the missionaries up there and will be baptized!:) It was so cool to see him progress so quickly! 

We also met another new investigator named Manashe who is from Sydney! We taught her a lesson on Saturday and she loved learning about the Gospel as well! Overall, we are finding more and more success and more and more people to teach in our area! The work is going so well and I love my mission so much! It is crazy how I still love doing this work even after doing it for almost 22 months! Crazy how fast the time goes by! I love this work, I love my companions so much and I love this Gospel and the change that it has on others as well as me! Elder Watanabe is doing really well and is adjusting to the new life as a full-time missionary! haha

Stay safe and enjoy all of the great things that you are all doing in your life right now! I can't wait to watch General Conference this next week and hear all of the great council from the Prophet and Apostles! Have a great week and know that I love and miss you all!

Love,
Elder Wheeler
Haha and we are working Elder Wiser to death too! ha
So this is a picture of the home screen for the Easter Campaign
on 
mormon.org. So the Chinese girl that is in the second circle
from the left, she is in my ward here in Australia! Her name
is Amelia Wong! How cool huh!?
Train track selfie!:)
Just hanging out by the train tracks! Where all the cool
missionary kids hang!
Haha he falls asleep whenever he gets the chance!
The Zone at Zone Conference! #MightyMaroondahZone

Haha we are working Elder Watanabe to death! haha
When you hang out with your Mission President on P-Day,
you see a different side of him than usual!...haha
#HeIsAnOlympicGoldMedalist

No comments:

Post a Comment