Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Letter #90 from Australia

April 9, 2017

Dear Family and Friends,

So this past week was a great one for my companions and me and we were able to get a lot of finding in! We are just trying our best to find people to teach in our area and we have had little success, but are keeping our spirits high and our work effort even higher! We did a lot of cool stuff this past week and so I will inform you about all of it! On Monday, last week, after we emailed home, our Ward Mission Leader, Brother Scanlan, decided to take us to COSTCO to do our shopping! They have 3 Costco’s here in Melbourne and the surrounding areas and it is such a great blessing to have one in our area! Well, long story short, we spent a lot of money on a lot of things. Both the ones that we needed and the ones that we wanted!  Elder Watanabe told us as we were leaving the store with our piled high shopping trolley, that he was learning a lot about "American Culture", cause we just bought a lot of stuff! Haha. He is such a crack up!

We were called this past week to go help clean the Melbourne Temple because we are so close to it! It has been closed for the past two weeks for the yearly cleaning time and we were so lucky and privileged to be able to help out! Well, it doesn't end there...we were talking with the cleaning coordinator for the temple and Elder Wiser decided to ask him if they ever cleaned the Angel Moroni on the top of the temple. The guy said that they do and asked us if we wanted to do it...so of course we said yes! They only clean Angel Moroni once a year and we were the lucky few to be able to do it! Basically we had to climb up the stair well to the roof of the temple, then free climb our way up to the bottom of the spire, while dragging a power washer up with us, and then attach a 30-foot long brush to the machine! It was so cool and so much fun, and also a little scary! But overall, it was such a cool experience being able to clean the spire of the temple and the Angel Moroni up on top! 

We had a really fun zone p-day today and spent the morning going on a hike to Olinda Falls in the pouring rain...haha Melbourne winter...and then went to a roller skating rink! Overall it was a lot of fun and my legs are really tired! 

I don't have a lot of time, but I just wanted to put in a little message of my thoughts from General Conference this past week! I LOVED IT SO MUCH AND IT WAS SO GOOD! I love hearing from the Prophet and the Apostles! I learnt so much great things from their words and from the Spirit! I can't pick a favorite, but I loved how the whole conference was so basic with the messages that were shared! There was not a lot of deep doctrine, but there were a lot of the foundation principles that we believe in and I thought that was so good! I love how we can hear what our Father in Heaven wants us to do and how we can improve our lives through His gospel! Overall, I have a lot, and I mean A LOT to work on and A LOT more things to focus my studies on! I love the scriptures, I love this gospel, and I love my Father in Heaven and His son and my Savior, Jesus Christ! I love and miss you all and hope that you have a great week!

Love always,


Elder Wheeler

Beautiful Costco!

Exchanges with the Assistants! All of us came into
the mission together! The time has gone by so fast!
On the top of the Melbourne Temple!!!



Just doing some cleaning on the spire!!
Up and up we go!!!
Giving Angel Moroni a good clean!!!
The zone after our wet and fun hike!
Just some roller blading on our P-day!


You already know that Elder Wiser and I went hard! haha 
Okay, one last one before we go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment