Monday, March 27, 2017

Letter #88 from Australia

March 26, 2017

Dear Family & Friends,

I don't have a lot of time left, so if I don't email you back personally, don't get offended! I am really rushed today! Anyways, this week has been a really fun one for my companions and me! We were officially joined with Elder Watanabe (Wa-ta-na-bae) this past Thursday and he is the man! He is 21 years old and is from Japan! His English is really good because he studied at BYU Hawaii for 1 year before he came out on his mission! He is a great missionary and is really good at everything! Honest! He is a break-dancer and a boss at everything that he does! We are so excited to be with him and know that we will all be able to find great success serving in the Lord's vineyard! This week has been a lot of fun though and it is scary how fast these weeks keep going by! Hard to believe that we are less than 100 days right now! I don't like thinking about it so that is the last about that! 

Anyway, we had a really cool miracle this week. So in my last ward, Greenvale, a sister left on her mission to California, serving in the Oakland-San Francisco mission! Well this past week we got a call from a random number and it ended up being from the Church's referral department! And on the other line was the same sister! She told us that she had been teaching a girl online with her companion for the past couple of weeks due to the investigator being to shy to meet with us in person! Well the investigator is finally ready to meet in person and so that is why the Sister missionary called us! It was cool to talk with her and so crazy how it all worked out and that the investigator just so happens to live in our area! We are hoping to meet up with her soon so we can begin teaching her! 

Just on a spiritual side, I wanted to end my email today with a thought that I have been studying about a lot lately! It is this, Do you know about Christ? or Do you know Christ? I have been thinking about my personal relationship with Christ and how I want it to be a lot stronger! In 1 Nephi 2, Lehi talks to Laman and Lemuel, and tries to teach them about Christ and His doctrine. But in verse 12 it says that they did not listen, nor believe, because they KNEW NOT!!! I would ask you all to ask yourself, is my relationship with Christ a Personal one? or just a knowing about Him? Please begin now, if you already haven't, to grow a personal relationship with him! Because at the end of the day, "this is life eternal, that they may KNOW thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou has sent." Please come to KNOW Him! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,

Elder Wheeler

Elder Babneau leaving the mission! One last photo before he goes! 
Me, Elder Wiser and our new son...ELDER WATANABE!!!!!
It has been a long first week for him! Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment