Saturday, February 27, 2016

Letter 31 from Australia

February 21, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

          This week has been a very good one, but also a very sad one. It is the end of another transfer, it seems this one has disappeared too quickly, and we received the transfer news last night. "Elder Wheeler...you will be staying. Elder Theurer...you will be leaving. Elder Wheeler, your new companion will be Elder Zimmerman. Elder Theurer, you will be transferred down to the Mornington area." It came as a shock to the both of us and we are trying our best to handle it! Elder Theurer has been my favorite companion that I have had on my mission thus far! It will be good though and we will make it through! Besides, he lives in Salt Lake City, so he is only an hour drive away! So we will see each other again! I don't know my new companion, but I have heard that he is great and that he is from America! So he will be my 3rd American companion! Haha.

          I am very excited though to be staying here in the Yarra Valley area! This past transfer, all we have been doing is finding, because we need people to teach! Well this week we had some amazing miracles and we now have quite a few people who are interested and ready to learn! On Tuesday and Wednesday, while we were GQing, I talked to 4 people and all 4 of them were interested! It was a huge confidence booster for me and one that I needed.  It was also a huge miracle for Elder Theurer and me! I met a guy who is in his mid 20's, who I have met and talked to twice before. He is very interested and we will be meeting with him this next week! We also met a couple of families who are interested who we will also be following up with and teaching this next week! The work here in the Yarra Valley area is starting to pick up and it is so exciting to be able to stay here and continue working with the people we have found!

          We went to lunch today with Elder and Sister Murray, who will be going home on Wednesday! They have been a huge support to me while being on my mission and I love them so much! They are like family and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to serve around them and serve with them up in Wangaratta.

          I hope you all have a great week and keep up the great work that you are all involved in! Huge shout out to my great friend Kayla Green, who got her mission call this past week! Congrats Kayla and good luck in China! I love you all so much and am grateful for all the support! Have a safe and exciting week!

Love,
Elder Wheeler


Found my true colors in a mall last week! haha
Saying goodbye!!!:( It is a hard thing to do!​ I loved Elder and Sister Murray!
Got a little sun while working on a retaining wall! haha​

No comments:

Post a Comment