Thursday, March 3, 2016

Letter #32 from Australia

February 28, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

          What a great time in the mission right now!!! I absolutely love it and I am so happy!!! I know that it is because I am beginning to loose myself in the service of others!! It is so great! Elder Zimmerman and I had a great week and we were able to find some more people to teach! Getting a new companion is hard, but it is so cool cause you get to know more of the missionaries in the mission.

          Okay, so the work here in Yarra Valley is progressing and we are finally meeting up with the people that we have found, last transfer!! We have also been able to find people, but with our phone, let me explain! So on Tuesday and Wednesday, the temperature was about 43 degrees Celsius. (110 degrees) Hot as!! As missionaries, if the temperature gets above 36 degrees (97 degrees), we have to be indoors. Well we had planned to do some tracting, but since we couldn't, we decided to go through the contacts on our phone.   On missionary’s phones, we organize the names into categories. For investigators we put an 'I' in front of their name, so we can get to in fast and know who is who in our phone. Well, I counted how many investigators phone numbers we had, and the total count was 104!!!!! 104 names and phone numbers of former investigators in our area!! So we decided to call all of them one by one and see who they were and if they would like to learn more about the church! Some of them hung up on us, some yelled at us, others bible bashed with us, and then about 4 of them said they would love to meet up and continue to learn about the church. So we will be teaching them all in the next couple of weeks!!! Haha miracles happen!

          This week we are meeting up with the two families that we found last transfer and a couple of individuals that we found as well. We are praying that they work out and that these people have all been prepared by Heavenly Father to hear the message of the restored gospel!

          Okay, so about my sweet new companion Elder Zimmerman! He is from West Haven, Utah and he went to Fremont High School...so that could be a problem...hah just kidding! He has been out for about 15 months and graduated the year before me! He is really cool and super funny! I am really excited to get to know him and to serve with him! From my first week with him, he is the man and is an awesome missionary!

          Well that is about all that happened this week! I hope all of you have a great week and stay happy and healthy!! I love every single one of you and am so grateful for your support! Remember to E.S.P. (Everyday scriptures and prayer) Love you!

-Elder Wheeler


​Our final goodbye!!! He became one of my best friends. I love Elder Theurer!
Brother and Sister Byrom invited us over for tea(dinner)!  For dessert
we had a Tim Tam Slam Challenge...I beat Brother Byrom with a total count
of 26 Tim Tams slammed and eaten. I know I am fat...! If you don't know what
a Tim Tam Slam is, look it up on YouTube. ​
The wreckage...oh and yes, I did feel very sick after. 
Brother Bryers, our ward mission leader, is an amazing pie baker!  His catch
phrase in life is "Sweet as", which he replies to any question asked. 

He decided to decorate the pie he made for tea the other night. Haha, and y
es, the pie was sweet as;)​
(Left to right) Elder Zimmerman, Me, Elder Barrozo, Elder Cajocson, Elder Eustaquio,
and Elder Angar. We went to a religious interfaith conference. Many religions in the
area set up tables and talked to people about what they believe in! It was a great
way to find people to teach and we all had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment