Saturday, February 27, 2016

Letter #29 from Australia

February 7, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

          This is going to be short, so I’ll apologize in advance. This week has been a great one and one filled with a lot of fun work and great blessings. Elder Barrozo has been with Elder Theurer and myself again this past week and will be with us till Wednesday! He will be training a new missionary and is excited for that! The reason why he is with us again is his second companion of this transfer was really sick and was sent home to get better! Crazy transfer for him! Hah. We had a blessing this week of finding a new investigator! Her name is April and we have already met with her and will be meeting with her again this next week!! So we are very happy about that!!

          We were able to go to the Mission President monthly fireside yesterday, Sunday, and that was really good! It is for investigators, members, recent converts, missionaries and anyone else who wants to come to it! So some of you might know an Elder by the name of Richard Long. He is from North Ogden and has been out of his mission, here in the Melbourne Mission, for about 23 months! Well him and I knew each other before the mission, but weren't super close. Since coming out on my mission, we have had the opportunity to serve around each other and become quite good friends. Well he goes home in about 5 weeks and because of the no more transfer meetings rule, we don't know when we will be able to see one another. Well we were able to see each other yesterday at the fireside and we took some pictures and said our goodbyes! It was great and I am so grateful for him and his example to me here in the mission! He is truly one of my good friends! And I will be sad to see him go!

          We have had a great P-day today! It all started with watching the Super Bowl this morning at one of our member’s houses. Of course we had permission to watch the game!!;) It was so great to see the Broncos win and I am so happy for my boys in blue and orange and for the great game and win the got! It was hard to watch though, knowing that this could be the final game I watch Payton Manning play in. I have always been a huge fan of his and of the Broncos and it was a great day! So proud of them and so happy and grateful that I had the opportunity to watch the game!!:)

          I hope you all have a great day! I miss and love you all so much and am grateful for your support! Have a great week and know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you all. Oh and don't forget, the Broncos are Super Bowl 50 Champs!!!;)

Love,

Elder Wheeler
Me and Elder Long's see you later! :(​
​Watching the Super Bowl!! Go Broncos!!!:)
I ordered some Maori name ​badges a couple of weeks ago, and they finally came! I
 love them so much!! Maatua Wiira is Elder Wheel in Maori! haha But still cool as!

No comments:

Post a Comment