Sunday, March 5, 2017

Letter #84 from Australia

February 26, 2017

Dear Family and Friends,

What an up and down week it has been here in the Doncaster area! First off, we are doing really well and still are just trying to find people to teach! It is really hard in this area and we are always just praying to meet someone who the Lord has prepared! But in the meantime, we are just working with a couple of less-active members and with the few investigators that we do have! We have about 4 investigators that we have found since we have been here in the area, but they are all not progressing and don't really want to change, so we are just trying to stay positive! Of course, it is really easy to stay upbeat and happy when you are serving with one of your best friends! Elder Wiser and I are continuing to get along and are always having a good time with the work! We have received so many compliments from the members on how well we get along and how we are both great missionaries! They tell us that it makes them way more comfortable around us, when they see how comfortable we are with each other and with them, the members! So overall, the Ward is beginning to trust us! 

Well, this week wasn't all rainbows and unicorns, as all weeks aren't. The mission has been a big learning period and has trials all along the way, but they just make me a better person, so I love it! Well on Wednesday, I received a phone call that no missionary wants to receive. It was from Elder Lawler, my last companion, and he informed me that Dale Potter, the young man who we taught and baptized in 2 weeks before I left my last area, has decided to remove his name and records from the Church. We aren't exactly quite sure as to why he would like to do that, but they think that it has something to do with his family and some compilations and pressure that they are giving him. It was hard to hear, but all I can do is fast and pray that he decided to stay in the Church! I would just ask that all of you please remember Dale in your prayers! Thanks! 

We had a great experience this past week while visiting a very cute lady friend of ours! Her name is Katie and she is severely mentally and physically handicapped. We met her while trying to visit a former investigator and she was so open to talking with us and reading in the Book of Mormon with us! She has such a positive outlook on life, even when she could have so much anger and hatred because of her situation in life. Well this week we were talking with her about how much God loves her, and we asked her how she knew He loves her. She paused for a couple of seconds and then said, while smiling and looking at us, because He made me. It brought the sweetest spirit to the room and even tears to my eyes! I love being able to meet and serve such great people like Katie! I hope that you all have a great week! I love you so much!

Love,
Elder Wheeler


P.S. Huge Birthday shout out to my Grandfather! Happy Birthday Grandpa Bawden! I love you so much! Thanks for all that you have done and continue to do to support me and help me be a better man! 

Us with our great friend Katie!
Some cool shots!



Here is Elder Wiser with his handstand at the top of a waterfall! 
And here is mine! I have been learning from the best! ha

No comments:

Post a Comment