Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Letter #19 from Australia

November 29, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

"Big Happy Birthday shout out to my Grandma Jones!  I love you so much!!!"

          Exciting things are happening in the bush and especially here in Wangaratta! First off, we got transfer news and I am staying in Wangaratta for another transfer (6 weeks) and will be companions with Elder Solomon. We are so happy and excited to stay together and can't wait for the amazing things that will happen in the coming weeks. A lot of things happened this week and I will try my best to condense them down into a short email.

          First off, our investigators are doing so well! We have been able to continue to help them progress and work towards baptism. Roberta, Max and Laurence, who all have baptism dates, are doing great. We haven't been able to meet up with Max in a while, and he won't be ready for his baptism on Saturday, so we will have to push it back another week. Laurence will still be baptized thought this Saturday and we are all excited for that. Roberta is doing so well and is so excited to be baptized next weekend on the 12th. She really is ready and has been working really hard to find out if this is the true Church. She knows that it is and she is going to be an amazing member!

          We have a lot of work to do and this past week in our weekly correlation meeting with Elder and Sister Murray, we decided that we want to baptize 10 people during this next transfer. We have the faith and we have the people to teach and baptize. Two of the people are from part member families and the rest are our investigators. We will be teaching a lot of lessons and will be working very hard to reach our goal! I am excited about this next transfer and all of the amazing blessings and miracles that will occur. 

          I hope you all enjoyed Thanksgiving! I definitely did. Karyn and Steve invited us over for an authentic Thanksgiving feast and thanks to my Mum corresponding with Karyn, I was able to enjoy my aunt's pumpkin pie for dessert! It was amazing and I was stuffed and tired after dinner, so it felt just like home. Karyn and Steve will also be taking us out to dinner on Thursday to celebrate my Birthday as well as her son's. Twin Birthday's! I am so grateful for them and all that they do for us!

          Have a great week and know that I love and miss you all individually. I am so happy to be staying in Wangaratta and serving the people who live here for the next 6 weeks! Be safe and pray often!

Love,

Elder Wheeler 
Elder Soloman and I for Thanksgiving Dinner at Steve
and Karyn Wright's.

Thanksgiving dinner at Karyn's and Steve's! So good!!
My plate!!



Really getting into the Holiday spirit!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment