Thursday, May 25, 2017

Letter #96 from Australia

Read letter to find out why letter came on Thursday not Monday!

May 25, 2017

Dear Family and Friends,

I am still alive and well. Sorry that I didn't email the usual day, we decided to change our p-day to allow us to go to some really cool markets in the city! The markets aren't opened on Mondays, so we took our p-day today, Thursday! I am doing really well and have had a great week and a couple of days with Elder Kaufusi! We are working so hard and too be honest, aren't finding a lot of success in finding new investigators to teach, but we are still keeping our work ethic high and our faith and trust in the Lord even higher! (See Isaiah 55:8-9) We are still teaching Bobby and his mother Nahid and they are progressing so well it is such a blessing to witness! Just this past week, we had two spiritually packed lessons where the spirit was so strong! And they both have gained a personal witness, through reading and praying about it, of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon! It has been so cool to see and I love them both so much! Other than that, not too much has happened over here in Melbourne! I still love my mission and Elder Kaufusi! It was a weird transition going from crazy BFF Elder Wiser as my companion to Elder Kaufusi who is just so chill and quiet! (of course in a good way!) I have definitely toned down my attitude and am a lot quieter myself, if you can even imagine that! haha

Well, there is a little news that I can share. So President Vidmar has changed our p-day as a mission from Mondays to Wednesdays, so if you email me and don't get a reply on my Monday, don't be offended! I will get to it on Wednesday!:) Had some great p-days these past two weeks and have done some really cool things, so look at the pictures for some cool shots and moments here in the land down under!

HUGE SHOUT OUT TO MY LITTLE SISTER NICOLE FOR GRADUATING THIS WEEK FROM GOOD OLD WEBER HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!! I love you lots Coley and am so proud of you! You have matured so much and are so great and I couldn't be more proud to call you my sister! 

I love you all and hope that you have a great week! 

Love,

Elder Wheeler
This is Louis Meurs who is the mother of Peter F. Meurs, the
General Authority. She and her late husband Fred, were two
converts that my Grandfather Jones had the opportunity of finding,
teaching and baptizing while serving his mission here in
Melbourne back in the 50's. I had the amazing opportunity to
go meet and visit with her and her daughter, Julie. It was so
amazing and a huge testimony builder of the power of missionary work
and the effects that we can all have on generations to come!
Me and Elder Kaufusi driving around Mornington Peninsula
looking good!
Some amazing sunset beach pictures that we got! My first beach that I
 have ever been to in Australia! And it only took me 23 months! ha





Some selfies with the boys!





Just some funny random pictures from the week! 



The Victoria Markets in the City of Melbourne today with the boys!
And Elijah and Nora Costigan and Christian Macrae came along too!


No comments:

Post a Comment