Thursday, May 25, 2017

Letter #95 from Australia

May 14, 2017

Dear Family & Friends,

What a great week it has been! I have loved this week and it has gone by so fast, as usual! haha Firstly, just a huge Happy Mother's Day shout out to all of your Mother's, Grandmother's and Motherly figures out there! I am eternally grateful for the wonderful Mother that I have and for all that she has done and continues to do for me! Thank you as well to all of the great women in my life who have helped shape me to who I am today! I love you all!

So as far as the work goes, things are going really well in the area! We have seen some amazing miracles this past week and found 3 new investigators! It was a really productive week and we were able to get a lot of work done, despite having a lot of meetings to attend! So to share a little bit of the miracles that we had this week! So one of our investigators Bobby told us on Saturday that he didn't want to be baptized anymore. We were pretty sad about it and weren't sure what went wrong, but we just trusted in the will of our Heavenly Father! Well, the next day, Sunday, Bobby came to church and brought his mother with him! She had apparently been asking him for a couple of weeks to take her to church so she could meet us! Well we taught the two of them during church and the spirit was so strong in the room! We invited both of them to be baptized on the 10th of June and they both said YES! Bobby said that he did some thinking about it after our lesson and realized that he does want to be baptized! It was such a miracle! ha Well another little miracle was meeting up with the brother of a recent convert in our ward! His name is Fernando and he is from Columbia! He told us that he would like to learn more about the church and so we are now teaching him! He has good English, but luckily we have a couple of Spanish speakers in our ward to help! ha

Other than that, things went really well this past week! I am absolutely loving my mission and can't get enough of it! President Vidmar said that I have the option of extending for an extra 30 days past my release date...but I figured my family wouldn't be too happy if I did that! haha I love Elder Kaufusi so much and he is the best ever! He is so good and we are really getting along so well! Blessings! I hope that you all have a great week! Know that I miss and love you all! Take care and keep up the great work that you are all doing! 

Sincerely,


Elder Wheeler
Skyping the family for Mother's Day! I love this crazy crew so much!
A cute Husky that we found while tracting! She loved playing with us!



Got the death letter this past week...haven't opened it yet!
Plane tickets and itinerary are all inside..
​Beautiful Australian autumns! 
On exchanges with Elder Olan, one of our AP's!
We helped to move some missionaries! ha
The companionship unity is too strong!
Matching ties and scarfs! ha
The Zone with President and Sister Vidmar and Zone Conference!
Elder Kaufusi ladies and gentleman! hah
Made us dinner the other night...ha don't think I have improved 
on my cooking skills! ha Plating credit goes to Elder Kaufusi, 
he turned my rubbish looking dinner into something extraordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment