Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Letter #35 from Australia

March 20, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

          This week has been a great one but there is not too much to report on. We have had an up and down week with trying to contact our investigators Jeremy and Mark. From the brief visits and conversations that we have had with them, they are doing well and are keeping their commitments to read and pray! They haven't made it to church yet, which is really disappointing seeing that it is the only thing that is holding them back from being baptized! We are doing all that we can with them and we are praying that all will work out with them!!

          We have made some progress with the family that I talked about last week! After helping them move, we called them a couple of days later to just check up on them and see how they were doing. Well when we called them and talked to the Mum, Cassie, she said that they were doing well and that their girls had actually been asking her when we could come over? When we were talking to her on the phone, we asked her straight up, how interested her and her girls would be in taking the discussions and hopefully being baptized. She said that she and the girls are actually really interested and would like to meet up when we can! We were really happy when she told us that and we have scheduled some times this week that we can come over and start teaching them!

          As we approach this Easter Sunday my thoughts and heart are turned towards the Savior, even more than they are during the other times of the year. As I reflect on His final week and what He did during it, I am so grateful that he spent it serving us. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and for His resurrection. Because of it, we have the blessing of being able to be resurrected too and to be reunited with our loved ones who have passed away. As I have had two of my close family members pass away in the past two months, I have had the blessing of being able to pray, study and think about the message of the Plan of Salvation. As I have done this during these trying times and trials that I have experienced over these past couple of months, I have had my testimony strengthened so much. It is now not a testimony, but knowledge that I know it is true. I know that because of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and His triumphant resurrection, I will see my Uncle, my Great Grandmother and all of my other loved ones who have passed away again. I know this too be true.

          I would invite you all to go online to FollowHim.mormon.org and watch this years Easter video! And for those of you who want to take it a step forward, I invite you to share it on your Social Media pages or with a friend or family member who may not know of this great message that we have. Share it with them and then bear your testimony and knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and Jesus Christ! I promise that this Easter Holiday will be a special one for all of you, if you will do this!

          I love you all and hope you have a great week! Enjoy this time of the year and the time that we have to celebrate the Saviors Atonement, crucifixion, and resurrection! Be safe and love one another!

Love,
Elder Bryce Wheeler

​Selfie so you can all see how chubby I am getting...I hope I'm not!
Made a pasta bake for tea! The process of becoming a man and husband material is
occurring! hah Shout out to my amazing Mum for teaching me how to cook and not
burn the house down! ​

No comments:

Post a Comment