Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Letter #24 from Australia

January 3, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

          HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 2016 is finally here!!! How are you all? I haven't talked to you all since last year!...;) Haha. I hope you all had a safe and happy New Years Eve and New Years day! For myself and Elder Solomon, it was just another day in the mission. We don't get to stay out late, or go to a party. Nothing like that at all. We had to be in the flat by 9:30 and lights out and in bed by 10:30. So we pretty much just woke up and it was a new year! But it was fun to visit with some of our members on New Years Eve and day. 

          It was a really successful week for Elder Solomon and I. We were able to meet with Laurence and Max a lot to help them continue to learn in preparation for their baptism on Saturday!!! Max finally came to church yesterday and that was a big miracle in itself because of all the health problems that he suffers from. We gave him a priesthood blessing on Saturday night and blessed him that he would be able to come to church and that his health problems wouldn't act up and hold him back. Sure enough, Sunday morning came and he walked in! It was great to see him at church and he said that he really enjoyed it!! We are so excited for the two of them and their commitment and dedication to get baptized. 

          This is the last week of another transfer and this one has gone by fast as well! Elder Solomon and I have no idea what to expect with transfer news. We both have a feeling that one of us will be transferred but we also have a feeling that we will be staying together, so it honestly is up in the air. Before I would have comfortably said that I will be transferred, because I have been here for 5 and a half months, but due to a new church wide mission policy change, it is now more likely for missionaries to stay in one area for a period of 6 to 9 months. So I have no idea and we will just have to wait and see. Part of me wants to stay and part of me wants some sort of change to happen. But I will let you all know next week!

               I wish and pray for you all to have a wonderful and successful year!  Enjoy 2016 and stay committed to those resolutions!  Don't quit now!!  I love you all!

Sincerely, 
Elder Wheeler
Gummies and a letter from the best brother out there!!!
​Me enjoying some home made gummies that 
Mitchell made me!! They are the BEST!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment