Monday, January 4, 2016

Letter #23 from Australia

December 27, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

          Merry Christmas!! I hope that you all enjoyed this special day this year and that you didn't eat too much! My Christmas was a great one and very memorable! We had a great week and tried our best to do as much work as we could, but with the holiday season and everyone finishing their shopping, a lot of people weren't home or interested in talking to us! But other than that, it was a great week!

        Christmas day was great and I had a package to open that morning from the best family in the world! We had a little morning present opening time and we got a lot of boxes of chocolates from the members in our Branch! It kind of felt like Valentines Day;) hah. After that we got ready, had studies, and headed over to Elder and Sister Murray's house to Skype our families! Elder Solomon was up first and his family is doing great! Then it was my turn, and oh boy did I like it!! It all started just like old times! The call connected and nobody was there. It was just a cardboard cut out of a kangaroo, from my sisters wedding, and then I heard my Dads voice but in high pitch form talking for the kangaroo! After laughing for a couple seconds they all came into the cameras few and saw me there with a Santa beard and hat! It was so good to be able to laugh with all of them and have a great Christmas with them! It was just like I was back at home laughing with all of them about anything and everything! I love my family more than anything and it was so good to see and hear that they are all doing well!
Skype picture - We enjoyed a 2 hr call in which the Haka was performed, there was singing, speaking Maori and, of course, joking was included as well.  Familiar Bryce in full character.  Loved every minute of it.
          We had a good rest of the day and had a fun time volunteering at the local Uniting Church in town to help feed the homeless. We were able to talk to them and cheer them up. It was a great time and we all enjoyed it! 

          Our investigators are all doing really well and we are continuing to prepare them for their baptism in the up and coming weeks! 

          I love you all so much and I am so grateful for you all in my life! I hope you all enjoyed Christmas and had a fun time with your family and friends! Have a happy and safe New Years! Love you all!


-Elder Wheeler

Package from family!!

Wearing my new Christmas tie.
American cereal for breakfast! We both loved it!
Christmas Eve drive up into the mountains and we saw a mod of kangaroos!!


No comments:

Post a Comment