Thursday, December 29, 2016

Letter #65 from Australia

October 16, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

          Well, it is once again Preparation Day here in Australia and things are looking great! The sun is shining outside and spring is finally here! We have had the weirdest weather this past week and it reminded me a lot of Utah weather! We had all 4 seasons in one week, except the snow part cause we don't really get snow! Hah But overall, I am really happy that the sun is shining cause it was a long winter! We were able to get a lot done this past week with the work in our area and it went really well! We are trying to find people to teach because that is the main struggle that we seem to always have. We had a great miracle happen though. Liam, a previous investigator that we worked a lot with, you might remember him, well he came to church yesterday and talked about how he wants to get back to church and baptized, so we will start working with him again! It was overall a great week and we had a lot of crazy experiences because we live in the ghetto, so we don't expect anything but crazy experiences! haha

          I forgot and failed to talk about my new companions in my email last week, so I will do that in this one! All of you probably remember Elder Halsey, he served with me earlier this year in April-May. Well he is one of my companions and the other is Elder Bryce Wilson. He has a really great first name by the way! He is from Idaho and has been out on his mission for about 18 months! He came into the Melbourne mission on the same flight as I did because he had to visa wait in a stateside mission! So although we came in together, he has been out a little bit longer than I have! They both are super funny and we all get along great, so that is good! They both like to work really hard and so we are killing it in the area! Elder Wilson though hates Samoan food, so that is a huge problem because that is all we get fed in this area! But he is a good sport about it and is doing quite well with eating it! 

          I don't have too much more to report on, so I hope that all of you have a great week and stay happy and safe! Enjoy the little moments and never forget that I love you and miss you all! Smile and always look for the positive in everything! 

Love,

Elder Wheeler

We found a really good burger restaurant in our area and they make
REAL American shakes! So we went there for tea this past week
and we decided to take a sophisticated picture!
This goofy selfie of us explains our companionship perfectly. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment