Sunday, May 15, 2016

Letter #42 from Australia



May 8, 2016


Dear Family and Friends,

          What an amazing week it has been! I know that I always start my emails like that, but it really is always a great week! Right now we are in the library escaping from the crazy thunderstorm that is going on outside. The wind is blowing really hard and the rain is coming down and flooding the streets! Hopefully it will pass soon, but if not, then that is okay because I love thunderstorms! To be completely honest, there isn't that much to report on, but I will try my best to think of some things to tell you all.

          The work is going good and we are still just trying to prepare the investigators that we are teaching for baptism. We were able to find quite a few new investigators this week with the help of the ward members! They are so great at giving us referrals and we are hoping that all of them work out and that we start teaching them. This week was pretty slow, work wise, because we had a lot of zone issues to take care of. We were able to get some work done, but we weren't able to visit our investigators because most of them cancelled their appointments with us. This past week we had a lot of meetings and also did a lot of travelling to the mission office and all around our zone. But all in all, it was a great week! 

          Earlier this morning, Monday morning, I was able to Skype with my family for Mother's Day! It was so great to see all of them and to be able to talk with them! I even got to talk live with my brother, Elder McKay Williamson. Our families planned it all out when they found out that we would be calling around the same time! It was so great to see him and talk to him! I also had my best friend Brittney come over too. She is so great and I am so happy that she was able to be there when I Skyped. Being able to Skype with my family, McKay and Brittney was such a great blessing and I am so happy that they were all there to see me! They are the best support and motivation that I could ask for! 

          I just want to take this time to wish all of the mothers out there a Happy Mother's Day! I am so grateful for the amazing, saintly and Christ-Like women that I call Mum. She has helped make and mold me into the man that I am today. I thank my Father in Heaven for her in my life. I don't know where I would be without my Mother and I don't even want to think about not having her in my life. She is my best friend, my biggest support, gives me encouragement, she is my everything, but most importantly, she is my Mother. Happy Mother's Day Mum. I love you so much! 

          I hope you all have a great week and keep up the great things that you all are doing! I love hearing from you all and for all of the words of encouragement and support! Thank you for everything! 

Love,

Elder Wheeler


Elder Howell, me and Elder Wiser. All Zone Leaders here in the mission
and all from the Pleasant View, North Ogden area. ​
​Trying to take a companionship selfie, but this is the only face that I got! haha


No comments:

Post a Comment